We had another doctor's appointment today. This was with ophthalmology. Since Hannah hasn't started tracking toys or focusing on faces we were referred to yet another doctor (I'm beginning to think I am going to meet every doctor at Children's.). After completing her exam Dr. Mets told us that Hannah's eyes were perfect! Can you believe it she said perfect! Finally, tears of joy rather than sadness. We went to today's appointment prepared to be told that Hannah can't see. She believes that Hannah is just behind and her inability to track things is related to her brain damage.
Hannah and I both had blood drawn as well today. Dr. Mets said that this can help determine if there was an infection while I was pregnant and what it may be. So finally some answers as to why. The question that has occupied my thoughts 24 hours a day.
First Steps will come to the house next week to do an evaluation of Hannah. Once they determine that she is eligible for the program, she will begin physical therapy once a week to help her reach some of her milestones. We are really looking forward to getting that started!
Thanks again to everyone for your words of encouragement and support. These last 3 months have been one crazy roller coaster ride (and Mike and I both hate roller coasters!) Through this situation we have learned just how many people care about our family, especially our kids and that means the world to us!!!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Finally... Some Good News!
Posted by
at
6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Of all the docs, the eye doc was the one that suggested the blood test! Interesting! Hopefully you get an answer! And again, Im so happy you got some good news! Now Hannah will be able to see my beautiful face! :)
Post a Comment