Friday, September 25, 2009

Hannah's Neurology Visit

Today was Hannah's first visit to the neurologist. He gave us a little more insight on what we can anticipate for Hannah. This was by far the worst visit yet. He showed us the pictures of her CT. He said based on what he sees it looks to him as if the blood vessels that supplied blood to the 2 hemispheres of the brain were compromised. Basically the only part of Hannah's brain that works is the back. In a very nice way he told us that it will be a miracle if Hannah ever walks or even talks. Needless to say we are devastated by this news. We will still try to do everything we can for her to give her the best life possible and hope that one day we will look back on today and be able to say how wrong they were.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary and family,
May God bless you and your family and help you through this very difficult time. I will pray for strength for you and your husband and love and protection for your little girls. I will light a candle for Hannah. I know words cannot heal you now, but please know that we are all here for you Mary.
Minnie Zachocki

Unknown said...

Hi babe... so sorry I didn't see this sooner. I can't imagine how devastating it must be. However, we all know that God can do amazing things. I defied them with my hips my whole life. No matter what kind of life she has, she has the most wonderful mom & dad, and a huge family that loves her very much! I love you, honey, and am thinking about all of you every day.