I know many of you have been waiting for us to post more details about Hannah's condition. We wanted to wait until we talked to the doctor and had a better understanding of things ourselves. Her head CT was very concerning. To make a very long description short, she has a lot of damaged areas in the brain. It is unclear as to what may have caused the damage or when it even occurred. It looks like she had some areas that did not receive enough blood flow and it is believed that this possibly happened some time during the pregnancy. There are also some areas that looked like it was damaged due to an infection which may also have happened during my pregnancy or right after. At this point there are a lot of what ifs running through my head but I have finally come to accept reality and realized that I can't change what happened and can only deal with what is.
It's too early to tell how this will affect Hannah's life. She will have to be seen by many different specialist and we are looking at a long road ahead of us. But with all the love and support that we have received we feel that we can get through this. The fact that Hannah is so young will work in her favor and hopefully other parts of her brain will make up for the damaged areas.
Mike and I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers! Knowing that we don't have to go through this alone is a great relief. This is not something we wanted for our little girl but we are grateful that her condition is not life threatening. As a good friend said to me, "Hannah is still Hannah and her test results don't change that. We all love her just the same."
Please continue to pray for her. We are hopeful that later on down the road she will amaze all the doctors and specialist with what she has accomplished and can do.
I definitely have a better appreciation for the families I deal with at work. Now that I have been on the other side I feel I can understand a little more what they most be going through.

0 comments:
Post a Comment